Organic Premium Izu Matcha
Japan Izu Matcha green tea is grown on the Izu peninsula near Tokyo, from traditional Gyokuro leaves that are shaded towards the end of the growing period to produce a popular Matcha which is internationally renowned.
The signature sweet Matcha aroma is balanced out by a lightly astringent base note, for a complex tasting experience and distinctive flavor that cannot be imitated. A high quality traditional Matcha with a pale peridot color and fine, light consistency, this Izu Matcha is naturally organic and has a satisfying taste which is both mild and full of hidden depths.
Simply served lightly whisked for a smooth yet almost jammy consistency, the inimitable tastes of both sweetness and astringency really come into their own. While tea purists will often state that Matcha should always be consumed on its own, Izu Matcha also lends itself well to blending with either rice milk or coconut milk for an entirely new taste experience. Don't be afraid to experiment with your tea to find the perfect taste for you!
1. Heat water in a kettle until it reaches a temperature of about 175°F - 180°F.
2. While the water is heating, sift 1-2 teaspoons of matcha powder into a bowl.
3. Once the water reaches the right temperature, pour a small amount of hot water into the bowl and use a bamboo whisk to whisk the matcha in a "W" motion until it becomes smooth and frothy.
4. Gradually add more hot water to the bowl, whisking continuously until the mixture is well combined and frothy.
5. Once the matcha is fully whisked, enjoy it immediately by sipping it straight from the bowl.
Note: It's important to use a bamboo whisk to prevent clumping and achieve the perfect frothy consistency. Additionally, traditional matcha is typically enjoyed without any added sweeteners or milk, but you can adjust the amount of water to achieve your preferred taste and consistency.